MIST Therapy® is a painless, noncontact, low frequency ultrasound delivered through a saline mist to the wound bed.
Unlike most wound therapies that are limited to treating the wound surface, the gentle sound waves of MIST Therapy stimulate the cells within and below the wound bed to accelerate the normal healing process.
The result of these gentle sound waves pushing against the tissue include:
Removal of Barriers to Healing
- Reduces a wide-range of bacteria
- Disrupts biofilm
- Reduces sustained inflammation
- Reduces MMP 9
Stimulates Cells to Promote Healing
- Increased blood flow through vasodilitation
- Increased angiogenesis
- Early release of growth factors
- Increased collagen deposition